Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Days 1-6

'Tis the season to be share why we're grateful! More and more of my friends are posting what they're thankful for every day this month on Facebook. I am inspired to do the same but have some catching up to do.

Day 1: I am thankful for technology (cue Kip Dynamite's love song), or should I say my sister's technology. When she brings her Macbook over, we iChat with my brother, Josh (who lives in Florida and hasn't seen Cade in person since he was 1 month old). It's nice that two of my special guys can see and get to know each other, even when they're not in the same time zone.

Day 2: I am thankful that my sister, Caitlin, lives nearby. And no, it's not only because we like to use her computer (although that is a nice bonus) or because she is the ideal built in babysitter. She is my best friend and an amazing Auntie to Cade.

Day 3: I am thankful for my health and the good health of my family and friends.

Day 4: I am thankful for good food. I love anticipating a great meal and the feeling of a warm, full belly once the meal is finished.

Day 5: I am thankful for my education. I feel so fortunate to look back on my schooling -- all the way from Montessori through college -- and how it has enriched my life.

Day 6: I am thankful for cold and rainy days. They are the coziest days and are especially fabulous when you can stay indoors and enjoy the sound of the rain from the comfort of your couch and/or bed.

Please join me. What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. And I so thankful for you, Big Sister. I love you very much and I especially love being Cade's Auntie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. We all should think about the good things in our lives..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my niece Marja and here wonderful blogs!

    ReplyDelete