Sunday, November 20, 2011

Silly Sunday Snapshots

Since he discovered our DVD cabinet, one of C's favorite things to do is empty it. My husband and I have quite an eclectic collection of movies (Fight Club can be found in the vicinity of Babes in Toyland). On this particular day, for reasons that I can only assume (and hope) are color and not content related, he kept coming back to one DVD -- Reservoir Dogs. Call it a Poor Mothering Moment on my part but I think it's hilarious that out of ALL of the movies we own (the majority of which are family friendly, with warm and inviting covers), he is drawn to one of the most "unsavory". I think it's because the flap on the front cover is bright orange and opens like a book (which I believe is what Cade thinks it is). Don't fret, I only let him look at it long enough to snap a couple of pics so I don't believe I did any long-term damage to my child (*knock on wood*).

"Hmmmm . . . they're both about doggies but what am I in the mood for?
Disney or Tarantino?"

"This is a pretty short book."
"Let's play peek-a-boo, Mama!"

Reservoir Dogs has been relocated to a baby-free zone and I suppose it's time to separate all the grown-up movies from the kid ones.

Did you baby/kid-proof your movie collection? As long as the little ones aren't watching the movies do you need to separate the cases?

1 comment: