Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Days 10-17

Day 10: I am thankful for our dog, Duncan. Although he has a few years on him (and the gray hairs to show for them) he is truly a sweetheart and has been so patient and loving to Cade since he was born (the under-the-highchair scraps probably help).

Day 11: I am thankful for the 19 years I had with my Nana. As much as I miss her and wish she could have known Cade, I see her sweet nature in him and feel her spirit every day.

Day 12: I am thankful that my son is getting to know his great-grandparents. I cherish the time I spent with my Great-Grandma Jo and look forward to my son having those memories as well!

Day 13: I am thankful for my older younger brother, Josh. His sarcasm knows no bounds and for that, and a million other reasons, I love and respect him so much!

Day 14: I am thankful for cold/crisp/sunny days. For native Californians (like me), these days are the closest we get to a holiday season.

Day 15: I am thankful for music. Music is another key to my sanity and has always been a passion of mine. I don't sing (well) or play instruments (aside from my short stint at attempting the flute back in the elementary school band) but I LOVE music.

Day 16: I am thankful for the crock pot. I am, what some might call, "domestically challenged" and the crock pot was my "gateway" appliance to becoming a somewhat decent cook (yes, it counts!). I have a long way to go but my husband (the former solitary chef in our household) is thankful for that ol' crock pot too.

Day 17: I am thankful for our home sweet home. David and I have lived many places together but it was an amazing milestone when we bought our house. Now, seeing Cade run through HIS backyard is pure magic. We've already made so many great memories here and I can't wait to see what's next! Be it ever so humble (we prefer cozy), there's no place like home.

Why are YOU thankful today? Please share in the comment section below.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that my grandaughter has lots to be thankful for and can articulate her thankfullness. (I think I just invented a word.)

    ReplyDelete