Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

I was, like, 14 and a freshman in high school when "My So-Called Life", one of the best TV shows of all time (in my humble opinion) aired. I love Claire Danes for so many reasons but mostly because she was so relatable as the uber-angsty Angela Chase. I could go on for-ev-er about my love for this show that was brutally rebuffed by the network after one amazing season (and I probably will in a future blost) but let me get to my point. I loved the color ("Crimson Glow") that Angela dyes her hair in the first episode but there was no way my Mom was going to let me do something so drastic (TG for Moms). Enter Glints by Clairol. Remember Glints? It was the temporary hair color that wasn't hair color that conveniently entered the marketplace around that time. Rebecca Gayheart even took time out of her busy Noxzema face-washing schedule to promote it:



Thanks to Glints I was able to dabble with hair color (a couple of different shades of red with super cute names) that year without anyone really noticing as I'm pretty sure I had to be standing in direct sunlight or directly under a light (preferably one of those interrogation lamps the cops use) for it to be visible. Regardless, it was fun, it made me feel like a true teen (I guess the slowly curling hair and pimples weren't indication enough?!) and my friends and family made me feel like it looked great and really brought out my natural tones and highlights (bless you people).

2 comments:

  1. I remember this well, your hair not the show. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Glints! I used some kind of plum color!!

    ReplyDelete