Monday, June 27, 2011

Bach Bust


I am sorry if you like her (she does seem like a nice gal in real life) but in my opinion, Ashley H. is the worst Bachelorette. EVER (I didn't even watch DeAnna's season but I am still confident in my statement). I don't exactly believe in the process of falling in love on TV but (from what my single peeps tell me) it's really hard to meet people out in "the real world" who are looking for the same things you are. Ashley seems to have some pretty decent guys diggin' on her that have literally been hand-picked for her AND handed over on a silver platter. But she is blowing it. For what? Like 15 minutes total spent with a guy who she was WARNED was a jerk before she even met him? Where is this coming from? Did I miss some footage where Bentley (which, coincidentally, was the name of one of my Great Aunt's dogs, may he rest in peace) actually made an effort to woo Ashley and she fell for him? I think not! I understand that [most] women are attracted to "bad boys" [at some point in time] but this is outta control. He didn't even have time to show her he was a bad boy. She didn't know him at all. Even if he hadn't announced his disinterest in Ashley to the audience, I would still see it in his interactions with her. All he did was faux nuzzle her a couple of times, pick her up and carry her to a fireplace and give her a couple of kisses; and even that wasn't very convincing from where I was sitting (maybe she's not good at reading body language?!?). According to Chris Harrison (via Twitter), the Bentley shenanigans end tonight (TG) and a part of me hope that producers just asked her to play the whole thing up to do something that hadn't been done before (for ratings, natch).

If you're watching . . . how do you feel about Ashley? I like Ben F. and J.P. (if/when she shakes this Bentley funk). Who are your top picks for her?

4 comments:

  1. i love me some j.p.. but i can't watch this season anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not watching this season, but from what I've heard from the Wife, I don't understand why the producers chose her to be the bachelorette. Were that many people rooting for her with Mr. "Please, please, please accept this rose"? I think the reboot backfired for ABC this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No comment on this post. The program is too generational to be in my area of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love that you commented to say no comment. Classic Nomi.

    ReplyDelete