Tuesday, May 17, 2011

La Voz

I was so glad when "The Voice" FINALLY premiered on NBC a couple of weeks ago for a number of reasons. 1. I was so tired of seeing that same promo that had been playing on NBC since the holiday season (I am not exaggerating; they started that sucker in rotation around Christmas). B. I was so tired of hearing Cee Lo's "Forget You" on TV AND the radio 24/7. I LOVE that song but man once it's in your head, you're done for (see also "Party in the USA" by one Miss Miley Cyrus). 3. I have never been a Blake Shelton fan and was sure he'd show himself to be a complete idiot right off the bat. But he seemed pretty cool in the first episode, and just when I started to think he wasn't so bad after all, he slipped up and made a seemingly homophobic (a topic I feel very strongly about ) Twitter faux pas. I hope it really was just a misunderstanding but that's such a tired excuse. No mas, people! D. I was extremely curious to see if Christina Aguilera, who had recently crawled out from the bottom of the latest bottle she must have been searching for "the genie" in, would remain lucid and get back to what she knows. And finally, 5. I was intrigued with the premise of the show. Since it's debut, I must admit that I am extremely impressed with the featured talent. I was hooked from the first episode and although it's moving a little slower than I'd like, I'm probably in it for the long haul. If you're watching "The Voice", what are your thoughts about it?

2 comments:

  1. My roomie has watched it but I have yet to catch it. That good, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Javier Colon is "The Voice" and am puttin' it out there right now. And Blake hasn't been picking the better of the two during the battles...just sayin'. And those are my thoughts thus far ;)

    -Lin

    ReplyDelete