Monday, May 23, 2011

Bring on the Bachelors!



Another installment of "The Bachelorette" begins tonight on ABC and this time the lady of the hour is Ashley H., one of the cast-offs from the last season of "The Bachelor" (aka Brad Womack's second chance at love) who I nicknamed "The Dancing Dentist" (although I believe she has yet to actually graduate from dental school; a mere technicality). I have been sucked into this particular "reality" dramedy since its debut in 2002 when my college roommates and I religiously popped the popcorn, dished out the ice cream, and attempted to dissect every moment of this bizarre new TV genre every week until graduation (another favorite of ours that comes to mind was "Temptation Island" on Fox; SO ridiculous but SO good). I must confess that I have not watched every season of "The Bach" (a term of endearment); even a television addict as committed as I am can only take so many "most dramatic rose ceremonies yet". And, the sad state of most of the female contestants can take its toll on a gal after a while. I took a brief hiatus from the show when "Prince" Lorenzo (*eyeroll*) was on, came back for a season and then left again until Jason Mesnick in 2009, which was odd because I didn't watch his season of "The Bachelorette" with DeAnna Pappas. Regardless, something drew me back in and I haven't missed an episode since. So bring on the new bachelors, booze, roses, the affable Chris Harrison and most importantly, the drama . . . and let's get this Bachelorette party started!

2 comments:

  1. too good. so exciting. just started watching right now!! can't wait to discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comment on this one, I'm afraid, as it's outside of my generational bounderies!

    ReplyDelete