Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Funny: The Crust Stands Alone

Duncan, refusing to make eye contact with the unappetizing bread crust. 

Normally, no food goes to waste in this household. Cade is a pretty good lil' eater (except every other day when the picky toddler phase rears its less-than-adorable head) and when I give him bread, most of the crust is included and consumed.

However, on this particular day, Cade used his extremely long wingspan (for more on this click here) to grab some bread off of the plate I was feeding him from. He immediately took the bread bites to the face and nonchalantly chucked the crust (that I hadn't made bite sized yet) on the floor. Duncan sniffed it for a millisecond and then proceeded to ignore it while he returned to his under-highchair post to wait for "something good". And can you blame the pup? The least "they" could have done is come up with a more appealing name for the least appealing section of the bread (in my opinion).

1 comment:

  1. Funny how kids don't like the crust of bread, to me it's the most tasty. I can remember my mom cutting off the crusts of sandwiches for Claudia but can't remember if she did that for my me and my brother.

    ReplyDelete