Saturday, March 19, 2011

Green Uggs and Ham


St. Patrick's Day is one of the few days of the year that I can wear one particular pair of shoes in public and not think twice about it. Back in 2005, during the second Uggs craze in my lifetime thus far (the first was when I was in middle school and my Pops convinced me that I didn't need the real deal so I settled for a more affordable pair; the aptly named Thuggs), I made an ill-advised purchase of pastel green Uggs. Why I didn't go for a color that could actually be worn with everything, and any day of the year, I can't tell you but I can tell you that they looked way less green online than they did in person. I also have no explanation for why, after they arrived in all of their neon glory, I didn't just ship them back. The website I ordered them from even offered free shipping and they could have been out of my life as quickly as they had arrived. Maybe it was shoe guilt, maybe I just wanted to give them a chance, but I kept them and now what I affectionately refer to as my "Grinch boots" come in handy during the Christmas/holiday season, on cold mornings (they have gotten much use these past few chilly months) and St. Patty's Day. So this past Thursday, I sported the booties all the live long day and let my 1/8 of Irish pride shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment