Monday, March 21, 2011

Denim Dilemma

My son was a breech baby (often sung in our house to the tune of "Beach Baby" by The First Class, circa 1974) and was therefore delivered by C-section (his birth story is a doozy so stay tuned for that). I adore him and believe that is how he was meant to join us in this wild and wacky world. However, there is something I'm not so sure about so maybe some of you with Cesarean or baby body experience in general can help me out. Will my beloved jeans ever fit me again?!? I love my denim collection and have worked hard at curating it over the years but I am 8 months in to this post-birth deal and only a couple of pairs (that were loose fitting before) zip up and can be worn comfortably. What about all the others? I have already donated some vintage gems to my sister and she is fostering them beautifully. They are getting out and seeing the world again and that makes me happy. But what about "the others"? What about all of my favorites? I know I could stand to lose around 10 pounds but I fear that even IF I do (just being real here) my body may have forever changed and I am going to have to start fresh in the jeans department. My beautiful baby boy is definitely worth it . . . but damn I miss my denim.

1 comment:

  1. Lose that 10 lbs and I guarantee those denims will once again fit. I know, I know: easier said than done. Once the rain decides to leave you can get out and walk it off at the mall. Just resist the impulse to buy more denim when you're there.

    ReplyDelete