Monday, March 14, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

I have been MIA for the last week because I have been sick for the last week. Blah! The sore throat arrived last Monday and in its typical, dreaded "gateway" fashion had morphed into a full blown head and chest cold by Wednesday. I felt better in time for a visit with a dear friend on Friday and was deceived into believing I was on the upswing on Saturday. Alas, I relapsed on Sunday and David and Cade both joined me (poor guys) . . . even Dunkers slept most of the day away with us. Big D is home sick with us today and we are all making the most of this overcast Monday by keeping things mellow and restful. I cannot wait to feel better and hate that Cade is sick because of me. But, I guess we had to cross this hurdle sooner or later so I'm checking this one off of my "Mother's Guilt Checklist" early on. Go me!

Food for thought: How did I get sick in the first place? What with my sticking to a strict diet of bon bons and all of that reclining/resting that I do 24/7. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Usually it's the other way around--Cade will have his revenge, believe you me. You will catch more colds from him than you ever imagined there were in the world, but your immunity system will eventually kick in so hold on to that thought.

    ReplyDelete