Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Hearts Day!

I have a lot of love in my life and I don't take that for granted for one second. And for me, Valentine's Day has always been about that fact. Take away the chocolates and flowers and trinkets, which are all nice bonuses, and you have an entire day to reflect on the amazing people in your life; family, friends, that special someone. And while I appreciate all of these people in my everyday life, I don't see anything wrong with making a holiday out of it for celebration purposes.

Tonight I enjoyed a quiet evening at home with my guys and it was perfection. Duncan snoozed on the couch and David and I feasted on top sirloin, spinach and baked potatoes whilst savoring a bottle of delicious 14 year old wine (1998 Seven Peaks Solano County Shiraz) in honor of our 14th Valentine's together and our son's first. Cade tried some baked potato for the first time and made the scrunchiest/smelly-poop-face ever but kept coming back for more. Classic baby.

Now that our lil' Valentine is sleeping soundly in his crib, it's time for me and D to finish this bottle and enjoy our brownies and ice cream for dessert while attempting to not talk about our son and how amazing he is, the entire time. My belly is getting full but cannot possibly come close to how full my heart is. Life is sweet.

1 comment:

  1. So many of us fail to realize what we have when we have it. It's refreshing to read that your are not one of those people.

    ReplyDelete