Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Too Cute Tuesday

Fire truck. Footie pajamas. Face.

Shortly after this picture was taken, Cade needed a diaper change. After chasing him around for a sufficient (translation: asinine) amount of time, unsuccessfully, I decided to vocalize his options to him.

"Son, we need to go to your room and get you changed. I can carry you or we can hold hands and walk there together." In true toddler fashion, Cade proceeded to scurry toward me, smirk guiltily, turn around, and bolt in the opposite direction.

So, I gave up for a moment and resumed the conversation that David had I were having. When I looked back at where Cade was last spotted, he was gone (duh). That's when I felt a gentle tap on my leg and looked down to see him standing right next to me, looking up, one arm outstretched, holding his little hand out for me to take. And, just when I thought the mini guy couldn't make my heart melt any more (I'm convinced it has a super special way of replenishing itself), he succeeded. *Swoon 'n Sigh*

This moment was TOO cute for two reasons.

1. It was simply the sweetest gesture. When did my son become a little person?! Without saying a word, he was telling me, "C'mon, Mama, let's get this diaper changing show on the road."

2. He LISTENED to me. He heard me tell him his options, he considered them for a bit, and then he took action. I repeat, when did my son become a little person?!

This whole parenting gig continues to baffle and amaze me. There are so many moments that literally take my breath away. Do you have a too cute moment to share? Please do so below.

4 comments:

  1. I witnessed this exchange, and let my just say that the heartstrings were being pulled for sure. It was definitely of "coming of toddler-age" (T.M.) moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely to read the thoughts of a mother who has time to enjoy and appreciate those fleeting moments of poignancy that only a parent can experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, but in this picture he even looks more mature. You are a good mom, I echo my friend Naomi's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't he the cutest thing you ever saw?!!!

    ReplyDelete