Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wino vs Whine-o

Krabby Patty Supreme

Ever have one of those days when your toddler (or newborn, infant, child, tween, teen, significant other) simply cannot be consoled? Sometimes, despite your best efforts (Rocking Chair Olympics - you know when you're rocking so desperately and trying out different baby maneuvering positions if feels like there MUST be a gold medal up for grabs?, toys, books, funny faces, silly hats, other toys, crazy dancing, all of the aforementioned, etc.), he/she just has a whiny day and there's no way around it. 

What gets me through these days, you ask? I take solace in knowing that eventually my hubby will be home and once everyone is safe and comfy, Mama can crack open a bottle of her favorite vino and [somewhat slowly] chug-a-lug. I don't do math (statistics included), but I do know that there may be a slightly unhealthy and very direct correlation between the super whiny days Cade has and the amount of wine I consume on said evenings. Alas, at the end of one of these (thankfully not frequent) types of days, Cade and I will both pass out. For two VERY different reasons, but pass out just the same. There's nothing a night of sound (and soundless) sleep can't take care of. And the next day, we start fresh!  

What are your favorite vices crutches ways to get through a tough day? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl. It's like you read my mind. On some of those days I may even call in the big guns "Jose" or "Jack Daniels". Some days I can hear the clock tick, tick, ticking, ever so slowly until wine-o'clcock. A couch, a glass (ehem or 3) of wine, and a good show, and the day looks so much better! Hugs from me and best wishes for a better day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I speak from experience when I say "consolation wine" can really stack on the pounds. You, however, chase a toddler all day & probably burn them off! Me? Workin' it off with Jane Fonda in the family room.

    Miss you!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you ever wonder why God invented wine? Now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Doctor Vodka I.V .STAT!"
    Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete