Monday, September 26, 2011

That Old Fall Feeling

Our less than impressed son circa Halloween 2010.

'Twas a wise girl band (Expose) that once sang "Seasons change/feelings change/people change". And while I could do without the feelings and people changing I am definitely on board with the change of seasons! We (Californians) caught a glimpse of Fall the week before last (what a wonderfully blustery Monday it was) but then the heat came back and Summer seemed to be sticking around to make up for lost sun earlier in its designated time slot (Winter was so RUDE this year). But today is feeling fabulously Fallish; leaves are blowing around in the slight breeze and the fact that I don't have to turn the AC on and can enjoy fresh air coming in through the open windows is just lovely! 

This is such a great time of year, with so much to look forward to, namely the entire holiday season --> Halloween, Thanksgiving and oh-so magical Christmas. I am giddy just typing about it. Cade already has his Halloween costume set and I am chomping at the bit to decorate our house for All Hallow's Eve. Pumpkin hunting will be extra fun this year with our lil' guy in tow and he and I have been chatting a lot about pumpkins in the last week so I am sure he is going to go crazy when he sees SO many in person at "the patch".

Your turn! Fill in the blanks: "The holiday I am most looking forward to this year is __________ because ________." Please note that your responses can be longer than the line shown :).

While you ponder your response, press play to enjoy the sweet sounds of one of my favorite late 80s/early 90s girl bands (I wore this tape OUT) . . .     

    

7 comments:

  1. Nice music, Mrs. M. Let's see--I am lookig forward to Christmas this year, more than I usually do because of . . . my little GG Cade. But then, you could have guessed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eliases have already started decorating for Halloween! tablecloth,pumpkin lights in the window... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to all the fall/winter holidays, but my most have is Christmas, of course. Tree decorating, 2 weeks off of school, cookie making, champs drinking, time with friends, and most of all, time with family...Cade's 2nd Christmas!!! Can't wait!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...this version might be a tad bit better ;) hahaha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399hsGprLsg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely themed, Lou.

    I saw the Elias Pumpkins/Halloween deco's...looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holiday I am most looking forward to this year is Thanksgiving because my wife and son give me much to be thankful for. The turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie aren't half bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. It's hard to imagine that little butterball without a full head of hair. Haircut #2 is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete