Friday, April 1, 2011

Say My Name, Say My Name

Cade has mastered the art of crawling backwards and is slowly moving forward (pun very much intended), he has his two front bottom teeth in and looks more like a "real boy" than ever!


And, he clearly states his love for "Da da" over and over again throughout the day. It's the sweetest sound and he is so proud of himself when he gets on a good roll and the "Da da da da das" are rolling off his tongue. However, the only time a "Ma" comes out is when he is amidst a good whine session or full on crying. The only time he calls out for me is when the chips are down and he's vying for the "Saddest Baby EVER Award" or in the middle of the night when he's half asleep and needs a spot of Baby Orajel on those red gums. I know I'm with him all day and we talk about/talk to Dada all the time but I can't lie -- I am super excited for the day when he says Mama and there isn't a big, fat crocodile tear running down one or both of his sweet cheeks.

My first words were Mama and Dada (pretty standard, really) . . . what were yours?

4 comments:

  1. Da da da da da das are music to my ears. Don't worry my love, the ma ma mas will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine were "beam, column, beam"...what a nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, David, you should be a comedian ;) Hon, what were my first words? I don't even know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think maybe mine were "save me the crossword."

    ReplyDelete